Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Cement Floor Paint Question.

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:K5HNh.73325$zU1.48530@pd7urf1no...

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

"Jimi" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm about to build a double wide garage that will be heated. What I
plan on doing to the floor is painting it in a checkerboard pattern
(black and white) and parking a collector vehicle on it. I am looking
for anyone that has done this sort of thing. I am looking for a very
high gloss , shiney finish.. I'm wondering if I should use an epoxy
cement paint to start, then use any durable paint to go over it? Thanks
in advance from help from someone that has experienced doing this. Jim

If you want to paint the floor with epoxy, make SURE your concrete guy
does not use the fiberglass-reinforced concrete for the floor.
I can tell you from experience that the epoxy will solidify the glass
fibers pretty much like needles and you'll have a rougher floor that will
shred a mop like a cheese grater.

Couldn't you just hit it with a floor sander and then put another coat for
finish?

I suppose a guy could. I thought about it. However, the as-painted cost
well over $300.00. So instead of grinding it off, I thought I'd live with
it for a few years.