Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default in UK, looking for little plug and socket connector

On 26 Mar, 23:13, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

(the woman said she couldn't "recommend" anything, she isn't allowed
to. So I asked her for "an example of what I could get". That she
complied with!! - may be worth knowing if talking to rswww!)

RS Components are a trade supplier and wouldn't be expected to answer such
things over the phone. You might do better with Maplin if they still have
a technical advice department.

There are many different types of connectors that would satisfy your
requirement - the obvious one being a standard 2.5mm plug and socket. Mini
DIN connectors are principally designed for signal handling - not power.

So the stuff the rs woman said about everything other than mini din
being AC is bull? She also said that all the connectors they have
don't go as low as allowing 5V!

I did call maplin first. The guy said all they had was "chocolate
boxes". They'd work but they're large. He said they don't sell the
connectors outside of the boxes. And that the best place to ask is rs
components!

how about this?
Plastic 2.5mm Stereo Line Socket
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ocket&doy=27m3