Posted to alt.home.repair
michael michael is offline

Default fix bathtub seal

follow up: I removed the latex sealant which I had used, and I applied
100% silicone sealant which is definitely a lot better.

On Mar 5, 11:22 pm, "michael" wrote:
Hi,

I did what you suggested. I bought some tub and tile sealer at Wal-
Mart ... I don't have it in front of me so I can't tell you the brand.
I basically did what you suggested, and it seemed to be okay, except a
week later, the new sealant is totally wrinkled and cracked and came
out of the cracks.

No idea why.

Poor quality sealant?

I'm pretty sure I applied it correctly. And I let it sit for two days
after applying it to let it dry thoroughly.

On Feb 14, 9:45 am, wrote:

On Feb 14, 10:56 am, "michael" wrote:

newbie question:

The seal between my bathtub and the tile wall is coming undone. I
don't know what type of seal it is, feels like a white "plastic"-like
material.

recommendations for procedure to repair? ... removing old caulk, type
of new caulk/tape to buy, how to apply it?

Thanks -
mike

Scrape all the old caulk out with a putty knife and/or razor. Any
home center or paint store has bath caulk in either clear or colors.
When you apply it, have the bathtub about half full of water so it has
weight, which will open the crack so it gets filled better.- Hide quoted text -