Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Question: Plumbing Seats And Springs

"Jack" Windswept@home wrote in message
There is no visual evidence -- to the naked eye -- of any
deterioration in old seats and springs that have allowed a faucet to
drip. The old seats and springs look exactly like the new replacement
seats and springs.

What is the typical reason that seats and springs fail over a period
of time? Is it usually the fault of the metallic spring, or the seat?
Thank You.

I assume you have a Delta with a ball. I suspect that the rubber seats may
have lost some of their elasticity. I find that a good slathering of
plumbers grease helps.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.