Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default in UK, looking for little plug and socket connector

a very basic question...I lack electronics background.

I intentionally cut a wire. DC 5V and = 2A.

I want to add connectors to each end so that I can plug and unplug the
wire together.

a woman at the other end of the telephone line on rswww showed me a
mini din connector (I hate those). She said other connectors are AC
only. Anyhow, the one she showed me was only 1A anyway, so no use.

(the woman said she couldn't "recommend" anything, she isn't allowed
to. So I asked her for "an example of what I could get". That she
complied with!! - may be worth knowing if talking to rswww!)