Posted to rec.woodworking
SWDeveloper SWDeveloper is offline

Default Glass moves on coffee table

On 26 Mar 2007 11:37:37 -0700, wrote:

On Mar 26, 12:04 pm, wrote:
I bought a wooden coffee table and now have a 1 year old who loves to
beat on it. So I bought a cut glass top to protect the wood however,
the glass slides around and it is not safe. I have tried the little
plastic spacers the glass company gave me but it still moves. I have
also bought every silicone stopper of every shape and size I can find
and it still moves. I don't want to ruin the finish on the table
trying to get the glass to stay on and I don't want my daughter
beating on the table. The glass is just not safe. PLEASE help I want
to keep the glass from moving.

I believe your question had to do with furniture, not child-rearing...

Have you tried using those thin, rubber, waffle-pattern sheets that
you lay under rugs to prevent them from slipping on a wooden floor?
It will look sub-beautiful, but can be easily removed, along with the
glass, when guests are over.

Kevin

Be careful with rubber. It works well but contains sulfer which is
highly reactive and may mark the wood (or finish) permanently.