Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie charlie is offline

Default Glass moves on coffee table

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 26, 12:04 pm, wrote:
I bought a wooden coffee table and now have a 1 year old who loves to
beat on it. So I bought a cut glass top to protect the wood however,
the glass slides around and it is not safe. I have tried the little
plastic spacers the glass company gave me but it still moves. I have
also bought every silicone stopper of every shape and size I can find
and it still moves. I don't want to ruin the finish on the table
trying to get the glass to stay on and I don't want my daughter
beating on the table. The glass is just not safe. PLEASE help I want
to keep the glass from moving.

I believe your question had to do with furniture, not child-rearing...

Have you tried using those thin, rubber, waffle-pattern sheets that
you lay under rugs to prevent them from slipping on a wooden floor?
It will look sub-beautiful, but can be easily removed, along with the
glass, when guests are over.

Kevin

a dime sized dot of silicone caulk at each corner will hold it just fine.
let sit for 24 hours without moving.