Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Cement Floor Paint Question.

I agree with others about not painting the floor. If you insist
on paint, use epoxy. Make sure to wait until the concrete is at
least 28 days old, and test for moisture issues. This will hold
true for anything you put on the floor!!!!

My son did their 2 car garage with 12x12 VCT. Each tile was
subdivided into alternating black and white checkerboard so it
looks like 6x6 checkers. Great looking floor and easy to clean.
It can be glossed up to any level, but anything glossy will be
slippery when wet.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Jimi" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm about to build a double wide garage that will be heated.
What I plan on doing to the floor is painting it in a
checkerboard pattern (black and white) and parking a collector
vehicle on it. I am looking for anyone that has done this sort
of thing. I am looking for a very high gloss , shiney finish..
I'm wondering if I should use an epoxy cement paint to start,
then use any durable paint to go over it? Thanks in advance
from help from someone that has experienced doing this. Jim