Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Cement Floor Paint Question.

"Jimi" wrote:

I am looking for a very high gloss , shiney
finish.. I'm wondering if I should use an epoxy cement paint to start, then
use any durable paint to go over it? Thanks in advance from help from
someone that has experienced doing this.

Never use paint on a garage floor. Doesn't matter what they call it, it will
lift off the first time you drive warm tires on it.

Go to a real paint store - not a consumer storefront or one of the big box
stores and get a two part epoxy industrial coating. I've used Benjamin Moore,
but there are others as good. Comes in a half dozen premix colors and they may
be able to tint to a custom color.

I can't recall the last one I used, but it may have been the CM36/CM37:
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/wrapper...oat&groupid=32

Over 13 years in one high traffic garage and the gloss is just starting to wear.