Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Cement Floor Paint Question.

Jimi wrote:
Hello,

I'm about to build a double wide garage that will be heated. What I
plan on doing to the floor is painting it in a checkerboard pattern
(black and white) and parking a collector vehicle on it. I am looking
for anyone that has done this sort of thing. I am looking for a very
high gloss , shiney finish.. I'm wondering if I should use an epoxy
cement paint to start, then use any durable paint to go over it? Thanks in
advance from help from someone that has experienced doing
this. Jim

I think I might try some of the rubber tile like products.

In any case if you want to paint it I suggest three things:

1. Follow, in detail, the prep instructions that come with the finish
materials.

2. Buy only the best finish materials, a true two part epoxy. It is not
that much more expensive.

3. Follow, in detail, the prep instructions that come with the finish
materials.

Using cheap materials or materials not specifically intended for a
garage is a waste of time and will make any correction to the mess they will
make very difficult.

Did I mention the prep work. No skimping here. If it says don't use it
on a new surface for 6 months, don't cheat by trying it in five months, if
it says rinse it three time, rinse it four.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit