Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Michael Bulatovich Michael Bulatovich is offline

Default Building a home with a contractor -- is it possible?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 25, 12:05 pm, "Michael Bulatovich" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 25, 11:00 am, "Michael Bulatovich" wrote:

Nice post, Rookie. The point that stood out for me is the inverse
relationship between the quality of the drawings and the required
experience
of the contractor.

What stood out to me was that there was no mention of the value of the
owner's time.

I think he made that pretty clear:

"Cons
- It will take a lot of your time, both managing the subcontractors
and studying codes, construction techniques, etc. "

He didn't beat the point to death, but he made it the top of the Con
List.

You don't see a difference between saying it will take a lot of time
and putting a dollar value on that time?

I stand corrected.