Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

Default I found a wire coming up from my yard, what is it?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
| indywells wrote:
| There is an exposed wire that appeared after heavy rain in my yard,
| and I am not sure what it is. I followed it for a while and found a
| cut end also sticking up out of the ground. The wire reads, "Essex
16
| AWG Class K Type TFFN or MTW 600 volts E53446 U.L. Gasoline and Oil
| Resistant or AWM."
|
| It's a buried wire that is no longer in service.
I am assuming it is no longer being used.
but it is possible for it to still be live.

Usually small wire
| like that is feeding path lighting or something low power like that.
or any small motor in the tool shed, maybe had a carnival there once.

| They often get cut by gardeners and people planting shrubs.
so if it was cut by accident it may still be in use.

| just thought I would clarify a few things
before the OP is misled

that works