Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Scott is offline

Default New Stove Questions

My wife and I are about to replace our 30-year old drop-in Frigidaire electric
stove that came with the house.

Three questions:

1. Is it better to stick with a drop-in, rather than slide-in stove/oven, even
though the selection of drop-in's is limited 2 or 3...and the price is higher?

2. My wife likes the flat top surface, rather than burners. Manufacturers charge
several hundred dollars more for the flat top. Is it worth the difference?
Also, how does the flat top surface hold up to scratches, cast-iron pans, etc?

3. Any big difference in quality and reliability between the top major brands?

Thanks!
Scott