Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default Building a home with a contractor -- is it possible?

In article ,
"aemeijers" wrote:
This is not quite what you wanted, but sort of on the same direction.
At this custom house builder:

http://www.armstrong-homes.com/customhomes/index.html

they have a program that might appeal to you.

(Snip)
Sounds like the old shell-home concept, except with modular units.

I'm not sure what the distinction is, but they seem to consider
themselves different from modular units:

Q: Is it a modular? Manufactured?? Mobile???

NO, NO and NO!!! Armstrong is a complete custom home builder. That
means everything is CUSTOM! The ArmSystem utilizes the Off-Site
Construction Method. With our Off-Site method, the walls are
assembled into sectional panels just like the On-Site method But the
difference is, with On-Site, the weather and site conditions vary
from day to day causing the walls to be out-of-square and exposed to
rain. But with our ArmSystem.

(I hope the people who build their houses are better than the people who
build their website. That last sentence fragment is from their site,
not an error in my transcription).

--
--Tim Smith