Trevor Jones

Default What are the aluminum repair welding rods ...

Refinish King wrote:

Yes!

I use beach sand and boiling water now, because I got to the point where the
outside comes out almost where I dont need to grind much.

I'd love to get my hands on what I've heard referred to as; "Green Sand"
sand and oil mixture for casting?

Refinish King

Two different things..

Green sand is a mixture of sand, clay, and water that is rammed up for
casting in. Hunt around a bit with google for a recipe or two.

Sand and oil mix is called petrobond sand, and uses a petroleum based
binder to make the sand stick together. You can make your own, using a
muller, or you can buy it from a foundry supply place.

Cheers
Trevor Jones