Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default I found a wire coming up from my yard, what is it?

indywells wrote:
There is an exposed wire that appeared after heavy rain in my yard,
and I am not sure what it is. I followed it for a while and found a
cut end also sticking up out of the ground. The wire reads, "Essex 16
AWG Class K Type TFFN or MTW 600 volts E53446 U.L. Gasoline and Oil
Resistant or AWM."

It's a buried wire that is no longer in service. Usually small wire
like that is feeding path lighting or something low power like that.
They often get cut by gardeners and people planting shrubs.