Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Wood floor plank lengths

MiamiCuse wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

MiamiCuse wrote:
How can I do random length if it is tongue and groove? If I cut one end
that end has to be against the wall and no way it will lock into the next
plank, right? or is there a trick?

Many people use the trick of doing a Google search for the simple
questions.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...wood+floor+DIY

It is not a simple question. I believe there is no way one can take a 72"
long floor plank and cut it into random lengths and use them if thse planks
are tongue and groove on all four edges. Someone suggested cutting them
but I cannot visualize how this could work.

It _is_ simple. Look at the link I posted instead of arguing. They
have pretty pictures and explanations and everything!