Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default A River Runs Through It

On Mar 23, 12:17 pm, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:11 am, "Harry K" wrote:

snip

Anyone who is not handicapped is perfectly capable of breaking a hole
in a concrete floor by renting a rotohammer. That some people are
afraid of a little manual labor does not affect that. The OP sounds
like she was scared off by the doom-n-gloom guys.

You have a point about correctly installing the drain leading to the
pit but it takes nothing at all to install a sump pit/pump/exhaust
pipe.

Oh man, you are so clever. Is your handicapped employee also going to
be able to dig the pit? Will he/she also be able to carry the
concrete and dirt up the stairs in buckets to a waiting dumpster??
Instead of sarcasm why don't you try giving good advice?? The OP has
said it is beyond her ability after listening to all of our posts.
Give it a rest.- Hide quoted text -

You have a weird idea of what sarcasm is and where in the world did
you see anything about a handicapped person doing it? I specifically
excluded them.

Yes, she did say it was beyond her and that is a good reason but it
seems it is because of her knowledge of plumbing etc, not the physical
work.

What is so hard about carrying a few cubic feet of dirt/concrete up a
set of stairs? You only put in the buckets what you can carry at one
shot be it 200 lbs or 10 pounds, it disappears.

You seem to terribly hung up on needing to justify your viewpoint. I
wondered with your first post if you were perhaps a contractor.

Harry K