Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Cross Vice

No I am not looking for some kind of transgender addictive habit, but
an accessory for a drill press.

This is the type of vice that bolts to the table of the drill press and
has lead screws with handles and a conventional opening jaw at the top.
The lead screws make for fine adjustment in the X and Y axes.

I am wondering whether anybody has a good quality one of these. I am
looking for a large one - 150mm or so.

So far, from Google searching, I have found two products:

- Machine Mart

- Sealey

I imagine these are the usual Chinese products and they may be OK, but
I am certainly not looking for something with wobbly backlash.

Does anyone have something better or a recommendation for something better?