Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Replace dangerous side steps

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:08:28 -0700, aspasia wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:38:01 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:30:53 -0400, "3G" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
| On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:30:22 -0700, aspasia wrote:
|

| snipped the story book of the EX
|
| BTW, is it legal to repair the converter?

it is illegal to repair a catalytic converter

Uh-huh.

| When it is only the pipe that is broken?

not illegal to repair the pipe unless it is just clamped on.

Good. It was only the pipe, and the two pieces were welded back
together. No clamp. Not only was the guy careful both times around
(I watched) but the sound then and as long as the car ran indicated
that there was no exhaust leak.

Er...I think you got two threads mixed up.

No, no. Same thread. Called "thread creep".

If you recall, the common factor was trying to get things done
inexpensively when you live in an expensive neighborhood.

(not that I do, but it was too expensive to repair a pipe.)

Aspasia