Posted to rec.woodworking
SWDeveloper SWDeveloper is offline

Default Lighted lamps w/ magnification

I plan on using the Dremel mostly for wood, but thanks for the warning
about grinding. I guess when sharpening metal I'll use a replaceble
plastic face shield.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:58:47 GMT, "CW" wrote:

Office supply places have what you need. Florescent lighting is the way to
go. Since you mentioned a Dremel, a warning is in order. If you are
grinding, you don't want a glass lens anywhere near it. Grinding sparks will
make glass crater. It will look like the lens is dirty but you cannot remove
it. The damage is permanent. I've destroyed many pairs of glasses over the
years from this.

"SWDeveloper" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a quality lighted lamp w/ magnification to use in my
shop, maybe one that can clamp to the edge of a workbench. This
should be handy for super fine work with a Dremel, sharpening or
removing splinters. I know Grizzly makes such a lamp, but read some
negative reviews conserning quality. Also, I was wondering if
incandescent or flourescent is better?