Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Building a home with a contractor -- is it possible?

RicodJour wrote:
willshak wrote:

Do what I did. Find a GC that needs a worker. Do the work at minimum
wage until you learn. Then ask the GC to build your house. Work for the
GS while building your house.

That's an interesting way to do it. I'd never heard that one before
and it does make a lot of sense. Of course each person would have to
work out the feasibility based on their current job and earnings to
see if it made financial sense for them.

What if it turns out the contractor you go to work for ends up to be shoddy?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com