Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Fence question

I am planning to install a fence that will attach to brickwork at one
end, but I am not sure what is the best way to attach it. The options I
see a

1. Use a regular 4x4 fence post attached to the wall;

2. Use a skinnier piece of wood attached to the wall;

(And in the two cases above, which is the best way to attach the wood to
the brick wall? Adhesive or bolts/screws?)

3. Attach the recommended metal brackets directly to the brick wall --
presumably with bolts or screws.

Have I missed anything?

What are the pros and cons of each method?

Perce