Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Airporte Gordon Airporte is offline

Default Lighted lamps w/ magnification

SWDeveloper wrote:
I'm looking for a quality lighted lamp w/ magnification to use in my
shop

From what I've see, models with an fluorescent ring are the nicest,
with incandescent models being kind of weak. Make sure the clamping
mechanism is all metal - I've had cheap lamps that broke off because of
plastic parts in there. Good reach is also nice; you may be able to
place it so it covers two work areas.
I was fortunate enough to pick mine up from Woodcraft on either sale or
closeout. If it was closeout they may only carry incandescents now.