Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] AAllc.architects@gmail.com is offline

Default Replace dangerous side steps

On Mar 21, 5:49 am, aspasia wrote:
This is So.Calif West LA area..

I need two dangerous side steps replaced. They are concrete; go way
back before I bought the house. One is 9" high; the other is the
usual 6". That first step is awkward, even for a normal-sized person,
and I am very short. People have taken a dive on those steps.

I have back back and had shoulder surgery. Can't risk a fall.

The City has given me a grant for approx. $4k+ but I can't find a
contractor to do the job; called quite a few in the phone book.

Is job that small that nobody is interested? Or? Somebody said they
don't like jobs where a City pays, but I tried to tell them that the
paperwork totally protects them; I've seen it.

If any contractor in the area is interested, please post and tell me
where to contact you.

Tx

Aspasia

I don't know why you haven't found someone interested in the job.
It should be quick and straight forward - unless there is some
condition you haven't mentioned.
There are - in my area - precast steps.
Perhaps wooden steps.

Do you think the concrete has sunk into the ground or has the ground
level changed?

Steps, by code, should have a landing at door and have the same riser
and tread dimensions consistently.