Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Crawl space excavation

A yard of dirt is only about a ton damp, and he's only talking about roughly
166 yards. So it's considerably less than your mistaken math.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"BobK207" wrote in message
ups.com...

Good to see you're a CE but what do you plan to do with the ~200 yds
of dirt?

~ 3000 tons

That's ~8 "double dumps"

btw I've done the shop vac "moving sandy soil / damp sand" experiment

medium sized shop vac ~10 gallon........ soil removal rate ~ 1gpm

so you've got something on the order of 650 hours of vacuum
time.....not including time to empty & dispose of the dirt.

We're taking about ~100 days of vacuuming (if you can keep at it for 6
hours per day) Even if I'm high by 2x .....still 50 days of
vacuuming!

Consider contracting with a vacuum excavator.

Your new footings are 24" wide? How deep?

I hope they go below your intended excavation depth.

cheers
Bob