Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tksirius@gmail.com is offline

Default Crawl space excavation

I would second a good shop vac. (rather big one)

I removed a sandy mess when I excavated when putting in a
bathroom in my basement. Worked surprising well.
I had a 20" hose through a window and had the vacuum
(with no filter) outside. It took a little while but worked out
all right.

On Mar 20, 10:55 am, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
Sorry, also cross posted to alt.home.repair

Need to dig out crawl space. Approximately 30' by 50' area. At present it
is about 4" deep. Want to dig down to 42" and lay down a moisture barrier,
put in vents, level house etc. Can't go any deeper due to high water table.
The digging is very easy (sandy loam), but I need clever ideas on how to
drag the dirt out. I have dug down 8 feet along side the house and can
access it with my small tractor/loader. I need ideas of how to
pull/push/drag/roll etc. all of this dirt over to the edge of the house and
drop it down to my waiting tractor. Wife can help a little so maybe roller
conveyers with ropes so I can send her a load and pull my pan back to where
I am digging? Maybe throw the slough on a tarp and winch it out?

Any clever ideas greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary