Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Review: NYW on DIY

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:15:44 -0400,
wrote:

I would agree, unless you consider product placement to be part of the
commercial. I understand they are using "green-screen" objects in some
shows that can have different advertisements/images appear on them,
depending on who is funding the show. (Entirely possible, although i
don't know if i'm remembering a "this is possible" or a "this is
being done")

Depends on what you mean. They've been putting in ads in sporting
events like that for years, especially football games and racing where
they have big areas of wall to stick local and regional ads, depending
on where it's being broadcast. It would be much more difficult on a
show like NYW to insert tools or something, although they could put in
ads on the walls of Norm's workshop pretty easily, I would think.