Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Novice needs help with crazy project

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:05:53 -0300, YD Gave us:

Late at night, by candle light, MassiveProng
penned this immortal
opus:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:46:24 -0300, YD Gave us:

Late at night, by candle light, John Fields
penned this immortal opus:

On 17 Mar 2007 11:57:20 -0700, "jerry"
wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:16 pm, "jim menning" wrote:
"jerry" wrote in message

oups.com...

Gurus,

I need your help...

I am an amateur triathlete and I'm getting ready for the start of the
triathlon season and I had this problem last year that I'm trying to
solve.

The problem is that during an open-water triathlon swim I need to skip
a stroke every so often to lift my head out of the water and site the
next turn buoy. I usually find myself off course by a few yards and
need to make corrections. This costs me time from being off course
and from skipping a stroke. So, I had this idea to take apart an old
digital camera or picture phone and mount the camera part to the back
of my head and attach the LCD part in front of my goggles.

Sound

Will such a device be illegal in competition?- Hide quoted text -

Not yet!

---
But, if it's patented, it'll be illegal for you to build one.

A one-off for personal use is allowed.

One used to be able to make a "cable box" for "experimental
purposes".

They still may, but using it on the cable line is where the felony
theft of service comes in. Doesn't do much just sitting there without
a cable hooked to it.

If I EVER made a "one off" of someone else's patented product or
process, I would certainly be in correspondence with that person.

It is just plain good civil practice, and if you claim to be a
member of civil society, you should have enough presence of mind to
know the difference between an experiment and a rip off or avoidance
of paying one's dues.

Oh **** off. I'll do whatever I damn well please and there's nothing
you can do about it except **** and moan.

That is only due to the fact that I follow laws. If that were not
the case, dumb ****tards like you would be plowing fields at a prison
farm, because that is where I would ship your ass, trial or not.