Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Review: NYW on DIY

wrote:
LRod writes:

My principal point, however poorly stated, was that there never has
been a 1:1 (50%) ratio of content to commercials in regular
programming, and I still maintain that's correct.

I would agree, unless you consider product placement to be part of the
commercial. I understand they are using "green-screen" objects in some
shows that can have different advertisements/images appear on them,
depending on who is funding the show. (Entirely possible, although i
don't know if i'm remembering a "this is possible" or a "this is
being done")

Might be possible for boxes, cans, or soda bottles, but for many
products the size and shape of the container are part of the
branding--those are difficult to green-screen.

Saw this in reverse for an ad for an ISP the other day--numerous laptops
ran across the screen, all with the manufacturers' logos carefully
blanked.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)