Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Construction adhesive for 'fine' furniture?

On Mar 20, 7:57 am, Mike Hartigan wrote:
I'm building a couple of cabinets. Nothing special, just nice boxes
using oak ply and trimming it with 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, and some 1/4 x 2
lattice. Given my aversion to nail holes, I decided to use glue for
the trim pieces rather than nails. I'm screwing them from behind
where I can, but for the pieces where that's not practical -
particularly the lattice - I'm simply clamping them. I used Titebond
wood glue for the lattice, but I chose to use a urethane construction
adhesive for the beefier pieces. Given that the work is almost done
(fine time to ask for advice), was this a bad idea? Can I expect
these to last a lifetime, or will I be adding nails a few years down
the road? Will the solvents in the urethane product cause any
finishing issues?

-Mike

Sure it is fine just don't use the tube marked 'construction' use the
one that says 'projects'.