Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Shovel Maintenence

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:15:05 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
I live in a dry desert climate. What can I do as a preventative to
garden tool wood handles splitting? And after they're split, I need
to sand them down and do .......... what?

I once tried to sell a "maintenance shovel assist" to my city government.

It was basically a bi-pod that attached to the shovel, holding the shovel in
an upright position.

By judicious use, the city could cut the manpower required to dig a hole by
80%, using my device to replace eight of ten city workers tasked with
standing around the hole holding their shovels upright.

City didn't go for it. Buncha Luddites.

Do you mean leaning on the shovel? Not holding it?
--
Oren