Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Shovel Maintenence

Steve B wrote:
I live in a dry desert climate. What can I do as a preventative to
garden tool wood handles splitting? And after they're split, I need
to sand them down and do .......... what?

I once tried to sell a "maintenance shovel assist" to my city government.

It was basically a bi-pod that attached to the shovel, holding the shovel in
an upright position.

By judicious use, the city could cut the manpower required to dig a hole by
80%, using my device to replace eight of ten city workers tasked with
standing around the hole holding their shovels upright.

City didn't go for it. Buncha Luddites.