Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default What would YOU do with this thing?

"bob" wrote:

I've added a wide shot for a little more context.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bomobob/MajesticGrill

Considering it's right next to the fireplace I'd recommend against
using it as a bar/liquor cabinet (booze don't likey da heat!) or as a
pantry or bookcase, either, unless you stick a thick piece of foam
insulation on that brick between that space and the fireplace. Also,
it looks like it doesn't get much in the way of direct or indirect
sunlight, so unless you want to stick a grow light in there (and make
the neighbors think you're growing something illegal, knowhatimean?)
I'd say it's not good for plants.

Although you could take out the grill, put a base kitchen cabinet in
there for storage and make the top half a terrarium or aquarium. That
could be nice.

I say plug up the flue, go to the local flea markets and yard sales
and see if you can pick up a dime store Indian plastic Elvis or some
other humanoid statue for that space - I think it would make a far
better conversation piece than a decrepit semi-unused grill.

But that's just my opinion...