Posted to alt.home.repair
bob bob is offline

Default What would YOU do with this thing?

It actually would, but the TV is on the other side of the fireplace, so
wiring would be a challenge, as would aiming the remote...

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

"betsyb" wrote in message
Would a DVD player fit inside it?

--
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"bob" wrote in message
Our 1950s house came with this funky Majestic indoor grill, built in next
to the fireplace.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bomobob/MajesticGrill

From what little I've been able to find, it's a gas grill, though the
house was never equipped with gas. I suspect someone used it with
charcoal, because there's still a lot of gunk inside.
I have no intention of grilling steaks in the livingroom, though the idea
makes me chuckle.

I don't want to remove it, because it looks kind of cool. So, I'd like to
convert it into something, but can't decide what. The crank mechanism
raises and lowers the internal rack, and that strikes me as something
that could have some potental.

Anyone have any novel ideas for a second incarnation of this funny
feature?

Thanks,

Bob