Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Bret Ludwig Bret Ludwig is offline

Default Ebayer "TUBE" stupid son of bitch

LOL. You guys have the wrong approach. I had Mr. Ledwig respond to
another on topic discussion I started, not this one. As usual there
was his tort belly aching response with no substance. Then I did
something bad, oh no. I asked him an intelligent question to back up
his whining. No response yet, and probably won't be one. So my point
is hit the undesirables up with intelligent on topic discussion if you
want them to go away. With Bart Ledfart I now have three I'm
ignoring.

The answer to your question is obvious to most, but since you asked,
it's that we have a eBay vendor who is trying to sell something for an
inasne amount of money and we are entitled to a little sport with him.
Also this is not a common piece at all-it has to be late 1920s
construction. The later poster is confusing this with the AC powered
metal case 19C, I think, which was thick on the land until orientals
started buying them for their not very good transformers.