Posted to alt.home.repair
alaric alaric is offline

Default Hooking up a dryer

I need to hookup my Sears/Kenmore dryer but having some problems.
Using a multimeter I know the outlet the dryer is plugged in to is
providing 220w but when I push the dryer's start button nothing
happens. So I need to know if the dryer is not starting because
either (a) the start mechanism is broken or (b) the dryer itself is
not properly powered but not really sure of the next step.

My dryer has an external ground connector on the back that is
currently not attached to anything. Assuming this needs to be
connected to ground what are some economical options for this ?

Thanks.