Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Went to Lowe's today ...........

CJT wrote:
Frank Ketchum wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

It will be a long time before I hit the Big Orange again.

I as well am preferring Lowes when possible. The stores are much
cleaner and organized than any HD I've ever been in.

Same here. But HD tends to have better locations (at least around
here).

Location is a huge factor no doubt. Concerning the big-box versus mom & pop I
have all three; Lowes, HD, and a HandyMan, with no more than 50 yards different
on the distances (I could easily walk to any of them).

I believe each have their pros/cons but traditionally I gave the nod to the
HandyMan for one main reason. CHECKING OUT! The big boxes never have enough
lanes open, always have long lines and (for some freakin reason) require that
you enter way the hell at this end of the building, but check out way the hell
at the other end.

The exception to that is Lowes lumber area which has entrance, exit, and
checkout all together. Not much help if I'm buying anything but lumber though.

What is really threatening HandyMan with my business lately is the fact that
both big boxes have put in self checkout. Now when just grabbing that carryable
bunch of small items they are just as fast or faster for me to get in and out.
If this is a quick run in the middle of a project speed of in & out is my
primary concern.