DoN. Nichols

Default Serial Cable Question

In article ,
Carmine Castiglia wrote:

"Tony Berlin" wrote in message
Machine: Vintage Boss 6 BP CNC. Accepts commands from a PC via RS-232,

[ ... ]

but...........and here's the question, we need to find the pin-outs for

the
serial cable; three wires plus ground from the controller. Any input? All

is
appreciated.

[ ... ]

I seem to recall that the machine side of this link used a non-standard
round connector with a bayonet locking ring instead of a DB9/DB25 so it's
not as easy as simply trying standard cables...

Not just a non-standard round connector (connector made by AMP,
BTW), but it also mixes both RS-232 and 20mA current loop in the same
connector. I believe that the ground pin is shared between the two
interfaces. And I believe that a jumper is needed in the receive side
of the current-loop when RS-232 is in use -- but it might be DIP
switches on the interface card instead.

I should be able to look it up, if nobody else finds the
information first.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564