Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Went to Lowe's today ...........

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 01:24:46 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

And when you need a part for a faucet that was discontinued 20 years ago,
he'll tell you to go down the basement steps and look at the rack on the
left. When you find it, there will be some dust on it, the price sticker
has faded and you can barely make out the 79¢ it is marked and that is what
you will pay in spite of the fact it is the last one in existence and would
go for $25 on Ebay.

I know this can happen.

But maybe not all the time.... Remember when I was looking for a
3-prong surface mount receptacle? I found 2 of them at my pop store,
but the price was about 10 dollars. I think they were 2 dollars until
they stopped making them.

Followup: I couldn't decide whether to buy 1 or 2 of the things
above. Two was going to be more than 20 dollars. I ended up deciding
that I had finally found a place for those outlet strips that they
started selling 15 years ago or so, about the time personal computers
became popular. I have 3 I don't know what to do with, and found one
with 7 outlets, 2 covered by the wall wart for the burglar alarm, 2 by
the wart for the 18 volt siren driver, one for the sump pump, and 2
for the wart if I install a battery backup sumppump.

I still feel like buying one since they are so hard to find, but I
have 3 2-prong surface mount that I turned into extension cords. I
can always use one of those for most purposes.