Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Tile over a hardwood floor

On Mar 17, 6:18�pm, wrote:
I'm *looking at installing tile over my *parkay flooring. *reason *is
the entire parkay flooring is held down *with *an adhesive. *and
almost impossible to *completely remove. *underneath the parkay
flooring is the concrete slab/foundation of the home.

I *have been *told not a good idea to *go *right over the top of the
parkay. that the tile will *crack *and buckle. *And that i should use
some kind of thin set sheeting and attach *it to *the hardwood and
then *tile onto it. I *hve no idea what this "sheeting is" or where
to *purchase i. *or *even *if this would be the best popssible way tp
tackle this.. *anyone with *real world/professional expertise willing
to help "inform" me of the correct proceedure would be greatly
appreciated.

remove the parkay wood, heat with heat gun. its not impossible just a
lot or work.

if you add a layer steps will miss match and be real trip hazard

goof off or goo gone does remove adhesive residue