Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] imonhold@pacbell.net is offline

Default Installing Tile over a hardwood floor

I'm looking at installing tile over my parkay flooring. reason is
the entire parkay flooring is held down with an adhesive. and
almost impossible to completely remove. underneath the parkay
flooring is the concrete slab/foundation of the home.

I have been told not a good idea to go right over the top of the
parkay. that the tile will crack and buckle. And that i should use
some kind of thin set sheeting and attach it to the hardwood and
then tile onto it. I hve no idea what this "sheeting is" or where
to purchase i. or even if this would be the best popssible way tp
tackle this.. anyone with real world/professional expertise willing
to help "inform" me of the correct proceedure would be greatly
appreciated.