Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Garage door question Thanks

Joseph Meehan wrote:
The connection where the opener arm attaches to the door is not as
secure as I would like. It was fine, but a spring broke and things
got quite stressed more than it should. It is no longer possible to
get the bolts as tight as I would like into the door.

I am considering a steel plate on the outside and bolt it though
the plate. That should function well enough. (Note per the
instructions there is a steel angle as a brace under the opener arm
on the inside of the door now. The door itself seems solid and
everything is functioning OK.
I am also considering this as an opportunity to just replace my two
doors with something a little nicer and with windows.

Any suggestions or comments?

Tanks everyone for your suggestions and comments.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit