Default Petrol in diesel again!

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
Matthew Barnard wrote:
The car was towed to a garage. They have said
that they will provide a complete report by friday - but that it will
involve a great deal of work - and the bill is liable to be thousands!

The car is a one year old mercedes cdi estate. Does anyone think they
could be right - or are they likely to be greatly exaggerating?

They might well be. Or not. I'd have it flushed through then filled with
diesel before worrying. Older diesels could have the injector pump ruined
through lack of lubrication, but modern ones have electronic injection
which isn't so badly effected.

Trouble is you have to trust the garage to be honest about what actually
needs doing, and I wish we could guarantee they would be.

Trust, Garage.... Oxymoron alert...

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

--

We were always told that a million monkeys typing for a million years
would eventually produce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the