Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default Hard Disk crash - rebuild with vista?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:38:30 GMT, dkh wrote:

Just had my main hd crash on my main desktop pc.
Its unrecoverable so i'm faced with a RMA replacement and a rebuild

Given that im gonna have to rebuild Im wondering is now
the time to jump ship to vista ?

Suggest that you do not.

I have Vista Business 64 bit AMD64bit 2gig memory.

There is so much software which just does not work - I have had to
dual boot my machine to keep many old applications working (eg System
Mechanic, Real Player, Nero to name but three) working.

Aero is interesting : BUT beware it is not part of all Vistas.

The disadvantages outweigh the advantages (if there are any)