Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

clifto wrote:
The XDS standard also specifies a timezone record. Originally I would
have guessed that it would be used along with the correct UTC time to
set the VCR locally, doing so by assuming the selected channel was
local to the user. My observation says the VCR ignores the UTC part
and takes whatever time is in the record.

I have to correct myself. They do actually send UTC time and a timezone,
and the unit in question figures out the correct local time to set the
internal clock to. It's been a while since I played with it, and what
I was thinking of was the fact that many stations do other time records
in local time when they should be in UTC, for example a "program start"
time is often five or six hours (here in Central zone) before the
current time.

--
Martians drive SUVs! http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html