Rex B

Default Serial Cable Question

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:31:16 -0800, "Tony Berlin" wrote:

|Machine: Vintage Boss 6 BP CNC. Accepts commands from a PC via RS-232,
|rather than a tape generated program.
|
|The CNC CAD/CAM program looks great, the post processor working perfectly,
|but...........and here's the question, we need to find the pin-outs for the
|serial cable; three wires plus ground from the controller. Any input? All is
|appreciated.

Sounds like the simplest of basic RS-232 cables. I've pulled my hair out over
serial cables just as simple, until I ran across the sure-fire solution that
works everytime, connecting any two serial devices: SmartCable
They use a small logic chip. Just connect it, with adapters if neccessary,
and try some output with the slide switch in one of the 3 postitions. One will
always work.
Rex in Fort Worth