Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] doordoc@prodigy.net is offline

Default Garage door question

They make a bracket just for this purpose which is much stronger &
better.
One source & pictures of the bracket can be found he

http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/operator-brackets.html (I am not
associated w/ the site in any manner, but it is a nice site that's
easy to use)

Through bolts thru the door isn't going to help a whole lot, plus the
door will not look all that great from the outside.

Doordoc

On Mar 16, 3:28 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
The connection where theopenerarm attaches to thedooris not as
secure as I would like. It was fine, but a spring broke and things got
quite stressed more than it should. It is no longer possible to get the
bolts as tight as I would like into thedoor.

I am considering a steel plate on the outside and bolt it though the
plate. That should function well enough. (Note per the instructions there
is a steel angle as a brace under theopenerarm on the inside of thedoor
now. Thedooritself seems solid and everything is functioning OK.

I am also considering this as an opportunity to just replace my two
doors with something a little nicer and with windows.

Any suggestions or comments?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit