Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default stain for cedar chest?

Thu, Mar 15, 2007, 12:35pm (EDT-3) (Abe) doth
sayeth:
That's not really all that helpful.
It wasn't worth much beforehand.snip

Read John's post. He goes into more detail.

You never know what something old is worth - unless you ask someone
qualified to say. If you'd asked a qualified antique appriser first,
he/she "might" have said it was worthless, except for any selentimal
value - or could have said it was a valuable collectible, "if left as
is", and any home "improvements" would ruin that value. So, you're
saying you're a such qualified appariser?

When I was a kid we tossed a lot of stuff that was junk. If we'd
only stuck that stuff in an attic and kept we'd have wound up with a
bunch of antiques, that would sell for some serious money today.

JOAT
Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with
no heavy lifting.