Keith Marshall

Default Serial Cable Question

9-pin or 25-pin? if 25-pin, normally pins 2 and 3 are signal. If you need a
"normal" cable 2 matches 2 on the other end and 3 matches 3. If you need a
null-modem cable you swap 2 and 3 at one end. 7 is ground. I'm not sure
which other pin you'll need. It's been awhile. :-)

A 9-pin is the same for 2 and 3 but the ground is on 5 according to info I
found he

http://www.aggsoft.com/rs232-pinout-...-interface.htm

And diagrams he

http://www.aggsoft.com/rs232-pinout-...onnections.htm

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Tony Berlin" wrote in message
Machine: Vintage Boss 6 BP CNC. Accepts commands from a PC via RS-232,
rather than a tape generated program.

The CNC CAD/CAM program looks great, the post processor working perfectly,
but...........and here's the question, we need to find the pin-outs for

the
serial cable; three wires plus ground from the controller. Any input? All

is
appreciated.